Airfix Survey

A place to discuss scale variants of the VC10 design. Topics about die-cast models, kits or any other scale versions are welcome.
Murray Keene

Re: Airfix Survey

Post by Murray Keene »

Ive just filled it in and asked for the 'classic' colours of the Air Support Command white over grey without all that nasty stuff bolted on that belongs on a Victor!

Im actually thinking of making a large wooden 'travel agents' model the only problem I can envisage is accurate wheels? --+0+--
EGDGZTCW

Post by EGDGZTCW »

Rover75 wrote:East African Super was for me a wonderful livery.

Cheers

Mike
I would agree with Mike on this..... East African Super, the most colourful of all, but then I am slightly biased. That said, I'd like to see CMk 1 XR 806 as I knew a gentleman who was the best mate of George Thompson VC. Must have a black nose and no refuelling gear !

To be honest I don't have the patience or frankly eye sight to build kits anymore but I 'd still buy it though.

Chris
Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

The black nose definitely gave her character and was probably easier on the pilots eyes, ! :shock:
Simon Tidswell

Post by Simon Tidswell »

Airfix have launched a new survey today called Kitstarter. They have reviewed some old moulds and checked they are useable and are asking for people to pre order a kit (s) and if they receive enough support it will be produced. The VC-10 K2 tanker is on the list. Check out the Airfix Kitstarter section on their website and this is your opportunity to get the kit again. It may not be perfect but its better than nothing and its not too difficult to make a good likeness with all the cottage bits and pieces available.
Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

on it! :D
Broadwas

Post by Broadwas »

Also done.
It would be nice to see the Airfix model back in production in spite of it's many faults. It might upset a few Ebay sellers though. Prices seem to be bordering on the greedy or insane! A recent car boot sale at Malvern netted me an Airfix Airliner (Not K2) for £15.00 It has one engine part missing, and as expected the decals are only fit for the bin. I'll slap on a resin replacement set of engines on it, and about half a kilo more lead in the nose!

I've often wondered if the Frog/Novo kit could be returned to production too, given the wonders of modern low(ER) cost mould production methods. I'm not even sure if anyone owns any rights to the kits that remain out there unbuilt. I've managed to amass more than a few. Some of my Novo's still have their £0.75 price stickers attached! Would we be free to copy them I wonder? I did contact Novo about a year or so ago but never had a reply.