VC-10 in B-52 bombing near miss 1970?

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Sea_Harrier_FA2

VC-10 in B-52 bombing near miss 1970?

Post by Sea_Harrier_FA2 »

Currently researching cases of "friendly fire" incidents and came across a near miss from 1970 "somewhere near Laos". Apparently a VC-10 of B.Cal (yes I know does not correspond with the date) was merrily flying along when the crew notices a stick of bombs falling to one side. It would appear that a USAF B-52 had dropped them, obvioulsy the mission planning had not accounted for a civilian aircraft in the vicinity. Is it a myth? I do not think so as a well respected colleague's mother-in law was a crew member on the flight, alas she passed away in 2002 so I can not ask her directly. Has anyone else heard of this to confirm it? Any help much appreciated.
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

I have to say that that is a new one on me... if you get no luck here you could try the Aviation History and Nostalgia section of pprune... there are loads of people there that know loads of stuff!!

Tonks 8)
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Not that many answers here yet, so I took the liberty of posting the question on PPrune as per Tonks' suggestion. We'll see if that turns up anything!

Topic here: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=269861
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.