Help please!

Any VC10 related discussions.....
jonthe3rd

Help please!

Post by jonthe3rd »

Help please

Hi, first time poster so please don't shoot. I wonder if you could help me, Im after information regarding visiting the remaining RAF VC10's. My granddad few RAF VC10's as a flight engineer during the 70's and 80's and I would love to take him to visit one of the last few remaining ones before his health gets much worse.

Ive done a bit of research and seen that there is one at the Brooklands museum and ive written to and emailed them but sadly ive yet to get any response from them. There appears to be one at classic airforce in Cornwell but sadly I think that the drive maybe to much. There also appears to be one at Bruntingthorpe but it looks like its in private hands. Also there apperas to be part of one at East midland airport. Ideally i would love him to visit a complete aircraft but i would take anything to see him happy.

I came across this site during my research and hope that someone maybe to help.

With thanks

Jon
bobisqueen

Re: Help please!

Post by bobisqueen »

Hi Jon

Welcome to the site, we are all a friendly bunch and hopefully you have come to the right place.

Your broadly right with the research you have done regarding RAF VC10 locations and im hoping that I may be able to point you in the right direction.Im part of a small team that helps maintain a RAF VC10 (ZD241) which is based at Bruntingthorpe in Leicestershire and while it is privately owned by GJD Services Im sure that if you contacted them, they would be more then happy to help you out. Here are their contact details enquiries@gjdservices.co.uk There are 2 open days a year held at Bruntingthorpe where a large array of static and taxiing condition aircraft are on display to the public and the VC10 is open to the public on both of those days if that is an option for you, however reading your post a gather the visit maybe needs arranging sooner rather than later?

Please contact me if you have any trouble getting hold of GJD and i can pass a message on for you.

Ollie
jonthe3rd

Post by jonthe3rd »

Thank you for the reply, I will email them straight away and hopefully I will be able to get my Granddad to see one soon
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Hello Jon and welcome!

Just to clear up a point, the Brooklands Museum do own ZA150 but it is stationed at Dunsfold Aerodrome. Because of this there is no official arrangement in place yet to visit this exhibit. If you contact '1103' on this forum he will be able to help you out should you want to know more and/or visit that aircraft.

If your granddad would like to share any stories or photos from his flying days, don't hesitate to get in touch!
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.

Post by 1103 »

Hi Jon & welcome,

PM me and I can arrange a visit to ZA150 at Dunsfold.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Paul