New forum software and look

Changes? Corrections? Additions? New forums? Post your questions, suggestions or comments here. Also I'll try to let you know what's happening with the site.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

New forum software and look

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Hello all,

I've just updated the forum software and one of the consequences is that the 'look' of the forum has now changed. I kept the old style active as long as I could but with this update I was unable to do this. I may be able to revert at some time in the future when somebody takes the time to update the style package to include all the new forum tricks but for now I'll have to keep it as it is.

I hope everybody will continue to enjoy using this forum!
EGDGZTCW

Re: New forum software and look

Post by EGDGZTCW »

Looking good Jelle, much smoother......for me anyway. Thanks for sorting this.

Chris
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

Looks great Jelle... :D
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
Gsxr600

Post by Gsxr600 »

Seems to have lost track of read items form me. usually select view unread posts, but it brings everything up from months and months back. Not a major issue but if it can be fixed it would be nice.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

I don't think I can fix that one I'm afraid. With most updates I apply the update over the original installation which leaves all settings intact. With this one I had no choice but to delete the old version and reinstall from a fresh package of software. Apparently that has messed up the 'read' settings, it did leave the threads, user profiles etcetera intact.

The only option I can offer you is to go to the front page of the forum and click on 'mark forums read' at top right. That will at least get your 'unread' list emptied up to today.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Gsxr600

Post by Gsxr600 »

Jelle Hieminga wrote: The only option I can offer you is to go to the front page of the forum and click on 'mark forums read' at top right. That will at least get your 'unread' list emptied up to today.
Ah, that works fine. Don't think I've missed anything, and its now reset. Thanks.