241 Brunty 24th May

Post all photo threads, or photo-heavy threads here. (Links to) videos are also welcome here.
Murray Keene

241 Brunty 24th May

Post by Murray Keene »

A very grey and grotty day Sunday but the Graceful Lady looked superb! Was a pleasure to meet a few of the A Team and Gary who did a wonderful job with her. The weather brightened up later but after the Lightning had run everyone seemed to wander home :( BUT I bet they heard her running =D>
Attachments
241 SMALL.jpg
241.jpg
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Re: 241 Brunty 24th May

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Great photos Murray, thanks! There are also some nice videos online, I'll see if I can get some links in here.

Edit: Here's one: https://www.facebook.com/gary.spoors.1/ ... 019813865/

This one's from the inside: https://video-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvide ... e=5564FBF1

And here's another one:
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Bill1980

Post by Bill1980 »

It was very good to meet you Murray, and as always 241 didn't disappoint!

Bill
Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

You too Bill its always an honour to meet original 10 engineers! Hope to see you if we get a chance to run 150?

Oh and she did it on only 3 engines! No.4 didnt spool up for some reason that is being looked into :( It was superb to be sat in one again and feel the power of those Rolls Royce works of art they call 'engines' - nope MASTERPIECE is more appropriate. Would have been nice for Tonks to call V1 - ROTATE , still we can dream :lol:

I have a cockpit video but cant edit it so eventually it will appear.

PS (at Brunty Richard commented I looked different from my profile pic in which I had HAIR! True all those years on long lead, sat under the engines on the tubes on max power runs blew it all off) :lol:
Bill1980

Post by Bill1980 »

Cheers Murray. Did you manage to get that complex camera mounting fixed in place? I look forward to seeing the footage!

Just for the record, I'm not one of the engineers. I took a wrong turn when I was 17 by not joining the RAF and as a result I now have a dull job flying a desk :wink: It's great to assist where I can, though, and it's nice to learn a thing or two about the lovely old girl.

Bill