RAM models decal sheet and kits

A place to discuss scale variants of the VC10 design. Topics about die-cast models, kits or any other scale versions are welcome.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

RAM models decal sheet and kits

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

I just received a courtesy copy of RAM models latest decal sheet: 1/144 scale VC10 C1s with anniversary tails.

These look very good and the attention to detail is amazing. Every small marking has its own little decal, some of which might be very challenging to get in place. This set is available from the RAM models website.

While there, have a look at the announced new kits as they plan to release a 1/72 scale VC10 in four possible liveries. This is based upon the old Airways vacform kit for which RAM models now own the tooling. This means a challenging build but you will end up with a very impressive model.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
kev67

Re: RAM models decal sheet and kits

Post by kev67 »

I have started mine some while a go and does need some work to correct and add some of the detail that is missing, but overall it is not that bad the length and wingspan seem to be OK, its just the bulge underneath where the wings meet the fuselage that needs doing the most, also the T tail needs some modifying
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/inde ... cform-bua/
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Re: RAM models decal sheet and kits

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

That's an impressive build Kev! Please let me know if you need more photos of A4O-AB at Brooklands as I have loads, including details. I notice from the thread on Britmodeller that you've already picked up on all the changes between the 1103 and 1106 versions! =D>
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.