1960's icons

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

1960's icons

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Right, let me share a silly thought with you. I've been a fan of The Beatles' and John Lennon's music for quite some time and something that struck me is how the career of these musicians and the VC10 have run parallel for quite some time. The real fame of the group started late in 1962 or early in 1963, which isn't all that far off the first flight or the start of the VC10's airline career. The Beatles obviously broke up in 1970 but Lennon's career continued for another 10 years until his untimely death in 1980. Again, not too far away in time from the end of the VC10's airline career with British Airways just a few months later.

I have been wondering for quite some time now if there isn't a photo or piece of film around that shows both a VC10 and a member, or members, of The Beatles. I've done a few searches on this already but the closest I've been able to find is a photo of McCartney and Lennon strolling across the tarmac at Heathrow with wat appears to be a VC10 in the background. Who can do better than that?

Answers on a postcard... or just post here! :wink:
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.