lets keep a close eye on the survivors

Any VC10 related discussions.....
AJW

Re: lets keep a close eye on the survivors

Post by AJW »

Squawk1177 wrote:
Three weeks tomorrow :-({{|= :-({{|= :-({{|=

S1177
That's the bit I was referring to...but I guess you meant three weeks until no flying!

Although, another source (spikexr809) seems to be saying the last flights will be on the Wednesday (on the ZA147 back from the Falklands thread)....I hope that's not true as I won't be able to have that day off :(
spikeXR809

Post by spikeXR809 »

hi to you all
i never mentioned these's would be their last flights before OSD
if people where to refer to posts on 147 return to uk you will see that i have updated the post with info that i got from a very good source of mine.

for those who are interested one vc10 towline tomorrow evening,
1 vc10 to leuchars firday back bzz monday
2 ship uk flypast friday 20/09
2 ship to brunty wed 25/09

hope info useful to everyone

Thanks
Ian
spikeXR809
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Hi Laurie.

I agree, heads and walls.

Please everyone, respect the security of our service personnel and Laurie and Tonks request and do not post operational details on here.

Keep any such information to PMs please.

Many thanks.

Dave
vc10boy

Post by vc10boy »

any more info on 2 ship flypast in the uk?..if delicate please pm me..going to try my best to be at brunty for the last one in...will gary allow us vc10 fans onboard once she,s landed does anyone know from pevious landings or will any of the other tens be open for this special day?...

the end is near
vc10boy,s photo,s of VC10,s over the years...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/116993858@N08/sets/
jonf45

Post by jonf45 »

Could i get in on any pm's if possible please?!! Am going to try and book the 25th off if the 2 ship goes ahead
Many thanks
jon
Simon Tidswell

Post by Simon Tidswell »

Any information on the route and rough times would be great for those of us away from Brize, giving a last chance to see them in the air.
AJW

Post by AJW »

spikeXR809 wrote:hi to you all
i never mentioned these's would be their last flights before OSD
spikeXR809
I do apologise, I obviously didn't make myself clear....I was purely relating to the ferry flights to bruntingthorpe. If anyone could pm me details of those flights I'd e very appreciative :)
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

I am advised that the ferry flights are still RAF operations, so PMs only please.

I will ask Gary if we can open Bob after the last flights have landed. I think that it will depend on the ownership/insurance situation at that time. For the recent open day Bob was put back on RAF charge for the day to allow us to open her/him. Also how busy Gary will be on the day, having taken delivery of two airframes. I am certainly happy to man Bob on the day as I'm sure Richard (Magnum) will be too, if he is there.

Once Bob is released from the DSA to Gary's ownership we will be calling a general meeting of VC10der Loving Carers 'Team Bob', hopefully in Bob, where we will be electing a committee, agreeing to open a bank account and make moves towards a charitable status, if possible. The aim is to keep Bob running as a live airframe for future generations to see what we could and did do in Britain in the 1960s (ok so the VC10 tails were made in Toulouse). We designed and built this magnificent aircraft in a small but very historic airfield at Brooklands, Weybridge and I am proud that I worked there.

Best wishes.

Dave
Simon Tidswell

Post by Simon Tidswell »

A PM on the Friday routes and times would be appreciated please. Thanks
vc10boy

Post by vc10boy »

would be fantastic if you could open bob up?,thanks for trying,keep us posted..if no airframes are openi will go to the photo call at brize..have a good look round an east african airframe,never been on one before..
vc10boy,s photo,s of VC10,s over the years...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/116993858@N08/sets/
Foxdelta211f-bvfd

Post by Foxdelta211f-bvfd »

Its sad that there is no clear date for the last flight
With concorde there was loads of info on when the last flight was going to be and with the vc-10 there is none!
Does anyone know the actual date for the lat ever flight because i have actually never seen a vc-10 lan kr take off before! (Although i have seen one fly past rather loudly!)
petet16

Post by petet16 »

Manofmendip wrote:I am advised that the ferry flights are still RAF operations, so PMs only please.

I will ask Gary if we can open Bob after the last flights have landed. I think that it will depend on the ownership/insurance situation at that time. For the recent open day Bob was put back on RAF charge for the day to allow us to open her/him. Also how busy Gary will be on the day, having taken delivery of two airframes. I am certainly happy to man Bob on the day as I'm sure Richard (Magnum) will be too, if he is there.

Once Bob is released from the DSA to Gary's ownership we will be calling a general meeting of VC10der Loving Carers 'Team Bob', hopefully in Bob, where we will be electing a committee, agreeing to open a bank account and make moves towards a charitable status, if possible. The aim is to keep Bob running as a live airframe for future generations to see what we could and did do in Britain in the 1960s (ok so the VC10 tails were made in Toulouse). We designed and built this magnificent aircraft in a small but very historic airfield at Brooklands, Weybridge and I am proud that I worked there.

Best wishes.

Dave

Funny that you should mention the fin being made in France, a fair few years back it was decided to remove a fin at St Athan (the reason escapes me for the moment), but BAE came up with a monstrous cradle to hold it for the period it was removed for, we found them an old pic from Brooklands to illustrate that they had severely over engineered their offering, which was used once and then cut up for scrap, many £££££ wasted [-X
Last edited by petet16 on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Foxdelta211f-bvfd wrote:Its sad that there is no clear date for the last flight
With concorde there was loads of info on when the last flight was going to be and with the vc-10 there is none!
Does anyone know the actual date for the lat ever flight because i have actually never seen a vc-10 lan kr take off before! (Although i have seen one fly past rather loudly!)
Concorde was a civilian aircraft for a start and it was also extremely iconic, much more so than a VC10. I was at Heathrow for the final flights and there were hundreds of thousands of people there, the traffic situation was obscene.

Brize Norton is an operational military airfield, it is also a repatriation centre, the roads surrounding Brize are minor roads and there is no real parking anywhere, the sheer amount of traffic if flight information was given out would jam the roads up completely and could cause some serious issues as lots of people are ignorant and think a crash gate is a good little parking spot. Times and dates of operational flights are not given out even though some are posting them on this forum. A VC10 going into Bruntingthorpe for the final time is still an operational flight and it is perfectly acceptable to understand why this information is not made available.
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

I am a little confused at the moment.

I am now seeing two different dates for the last flights to Bruntingthorpe.

Bearing in mind the present discussions can someone PM me with some idea which date it is?
Chris Melaisi

Post by Chris Melaisi »

A PM would be hugely appreciated from anyone about the retirement date etc!

I was just about to book flight's from Scotland for the 23rd, very pleased i didn't!!!

Chris :)