Youtube video from Skyships Eng

Post all photo threads, or photo-heavy threads here. (Links to) videos are also welcome here.
43 O Department

Youtube video from Skyships Eng

Post by 43 O Department »

Noticed on Youtube released yesterday, Organisation called SkyshipsEng has posted a video named - Vickers VC10 - the lost flagship

A major sweep up of all the loose film clips, but nice to have them in one program. Would have been better if they keep the films the correct way round.

https://youtu.be/Q_FFjxdYAio
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Re: Youtube video from Skyships Eng

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

I found it a few days ago but had not got around to watching it until today. The origins of this video are Russian, the Russian language version of this video has been online for over seven months. I'm not all that enthusiastic about it. While it is an honest attempt to create a short video about the VC10 and the narration does its best to cover everything, the video editing style is not my favourite. There's not a single clip that is longer than two seconds in the entire 20 minute video, and I find that annoying to look at. This leads to many clips having been used twice, three times or even more, sometimes the right way round but often reversed for no good reason. Also, a lot of the clips in this video have absolutely no relation to the VC10, why am I looking at a 1-11 or a Trident when the narration is about the Super VC10. There are a lot of types in there that have no relation to the story at all, but in the mind of the creator they somehow provide a link to the story. While it is a good attempt for something that is available for free, I think that the VC10 deserves a bit more attention. I'm also pretty sure that the creator used several images and clips without arranging permission for that use, as there is at least one photo in there that I took, and I have not been in touch with anyone about using it for a video.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Re: Youtube video from Skyships Eng

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

The video linked to above was taken offline when I pointed out that it contained copyrighted material that had been used without permission. Skyships Eng has now uploaded a new version here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BRWg9TVmBE This still contains a lot of material that appears to belong to various organisations and persons and judging by how my photo was used, I suspect that there may still be some copyright issues. The comments in my previous post still apply.
The original video also had a Russian version, I cannot find another Russian language version of this new upload.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.