Any updates soon

Changes? Corrections? Additions? New forums? Post your questions, suggestions or comments here. Also I'll try to let you know what's happening with the site.
Tonkenna

Any updates soon

Post by Tonkenna »

Hi Jelle,

Not heard from you for a while, hope all is well. Any updates to the site in the offing?

Tonks 8)
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Hi Tonks,

Indeed I have been a bit quiet lately! It's a long story but I've got some career issues to sort out and that's kept me pretty busy the last few months. As soon as things start to quiet down again my site will receive attention again.

I do have some material lying about which I should add to the site, mainly photos. I'm planning to do a photo page of VC10s in maintenance and perhaps another page of photos taken at Brize Norton. I've also got a trip report from someone who flew along on a refuelling trip recently (not Dave & Dave!). Perhaps I'll be able to start on this soon, I cannot make any promises though!

Jelle.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Added something small today which might be useful: the ability to search the contents of the site. It is an extra page in the main menu which contains a search facility powered by Google.

Hope it turns out to be useful! :)
skippiebg

Post by skippiebg »

Jelle, I note you are planning to add something on the Il-62. Being a VC10 fan, I could hardly fail to notice the Russian lookalike and have quite a lot of bits and pieces of info on her. If you like, I could write something up.

Here's a possible summary:

- No, that four rear-engined T-tailed shape isn't a VC10!
- "appropriate technology" design v. Vickers high-tech design.
- saw-tooth analogy with large variety of VC10 fences and especially LE droop on BUA & Ghana machines
- unique CG placement _behind_ MLG lightens structure (despite tail prop), allows compact manual tailplane 2/3 VC10 size; what if Vickers had done the same?
- different role to VC10 -- large (for period) mainstream long-ranger with poor airfield performance v. hot rod for hot & high thin Third World routes
- unfairly dubbed VC10 copy, yet nice to see "VC10 genetics" still in airline service in 21st Century. Lacks VC10's nobility but has own drama compared with the bland shape that conquered all.

Could also burrow into ops history, do a specs table.

Only problem is, I can't supply any non-copyright photos or drawings. That'd be down to you...

Shall I put pen to paper..? Let me know desired length, when wanted, etc.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

skippiebg, I sent you an e-mail.