VC10 preservation (ex-Keep one VC10 flying) thread

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Manofmendip

Re: Keep one VC10 flying!

Post by Manofmendip »

Dear All

Below is the formal notice of the inaugural meeting of the group, which Wolfgang and I are setting up, as has been discussed in this thread. Thank you to those who have already expressed an interest and who have sen me their details by PM.

This is an open invitation to all on this forum to attend this meeting and we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible; it would be helpful to know if you are proposing to attend and you may let me know by PM, preferably with contact details.

Dear All on the A Little VC10derness Forum

Inaugural Meeting of the Group to keep one VC10 flying

Many of you will have read, on this thread, the proposals to form a group to investigate keeping a VC10 flying. Wolfgang and I are now pleased to invite you to the inaugural meeting of the group, which will be held at 12.00 Noon GMT on Wednesday 12th December 2012 at:

The Strathmore Arms
Whitwell Road,
St. Pauls Walden,
Hitchin,
Hertfordshire SG4 8BT
UK

We look forward to meeting as many of you as possible at the meeting, the purpose of which is to:

• Formerly instigate the formation of the group

• Confirm the name and purpose/objectives of the group

• Set out the forward planning for this project; goals and how to achieve them

• Determine the organisations and authorities that we need to approach and liaise with

Thank you once again for expressing your interest in this project and we look forward to meeting as many of you as can attend.

Best regards

Wolfgang Borgmann and Dave Simmonds

Thursday 15th November 2012
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

It is just over two weeks to the inaugural meeting of our group to explore the feasibility of keeping one VC10 flying after the RAF 'out of service' date.

Some of you have already joined us, to explore this exciting proposal and we are pleased to welcome you.

To those of you who have not yet joined us then below is an open invitation from us to you all to join us:

Wolfgang Borgmann
Writer & Communications Consultant
Detmolder Strasse 776
D-33699 Bielefeld
Germany
Phone: +49 5202 92 84 39 4
Mobile: +49 173 900 16 33
Email: borgmann@aerojournalist.de

David Simmonds MRICS MFPWS
Chartered Building Surveyor
Kynance,
Millards Hill,
Midsomer Norton,
Radstock
BA3 2UX
UK
Phone: +44(0)1761 419367
Mobile: +44(0)7802 873567
Email: david@davidsimmondsassociates.co.uk

Inaugural Meeting of the Group

Wolfgang and I are setting up a group to investigate the feasibility of keeping one VC10 flying after the RAF out of service date is past.

Wolfgang and I are pleased to invite interested persons to the inaugural meeting of the group, which will be held at 12.00 Noon GMT on Wednesday 12th December 2012 at:

The Strathmore Arms
Whitwell Road,
St. Pauls Walden,
Hitchin,
Hertfordshire SG4 8BT
UK

We look forward to meeting as many of you as possible at the meeting, the purpose of which is to:

• Formerly instigate the formation of the group
• Confirm the name and purpose/objectives of the group
• Set out the forward planning for this project; goals and how to achieve them
• Determine the organisations and authorities that we need to approach and liaise with

We currently have, amongst our members: a recent VC10 Captain & Training Pilot; two Aircraft Ground Engineers (one with current VC10 experience); and an Electronics and Instrumentation Engineer. This is a serious project proposal, which we are investigating but we need people to attend the inaugural meeting to support us in whatever way they can; you do not need to have technical knowledge but a serious desire to achieve our aim is an important qualification. We look forward to welcoming you to the meeting.

Please email David Simmonds david@davidsimmondsassociates.co.uk to confirm your intention to attend at the meeting – Thank you.

Wolfgang has considerable experience of projects such as we propose here, restoring to flying condition historic airliners, including: the Hansajet in Hamburg (http://www.hansajet.de); the Lockheed L1649A Starliner, in conjunction with Lufthansa (http://www.lht-superstar.com); and the Boeing Stratocruiser (http://www.stratocruiser.org).

Kind regards.

Wolfgang Borgmann and David Simmonds
TPI

Post by TPI »

XV108 will stay at Bruntingthorpe in taxing condition i have heard from a very reliable source...food for thought...
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

I think those rumours are very strong, think a lot of people have heard this :) all good news
ACLVC10
AJW

Post by AJW »

TPI wrote:XV108 will stay at Bruntingthorpe in taxing condition i have heard from a very reliable source...food for thought...
Absolutely fantastic news........no news could make me happier!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8)
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

AJW wrote:
TPI wrote:XV108 will stay at Bruntingthorpe in taxing condition i have heard from a very reliable source...food for thought...
Absolutely fantastic news........no news could make me happier!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8)
:):):)
ACLVC10
Laurieg

Post by Laurieg »

That will be good. Who will be looking after it?
Never had a GE's wallet. It was always empty when I got back but I always had a smile on my face :-)
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Hi ACLVC10

Keeping XV108 in taxiing condition is indeed good news but surely if we can keep one flying that would be even better news for you and everyone else too.

That is what our meeting on 12th December, see above, is to explore. Wolfgang and I need as many of you as possible to come to the meeting to set up the group to explore the feasibility of this project.

Best regards to everyone.

Dave
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

I know what you mean Dave... but the realities of keeping one flying as opposed to taxying are somewhat different! If one is realistic I think taxying is almost certainly as far as we can expect...

Tonks
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Hi Tonks. I do indeed take your point but, unless we explore the feasibility thoroughly we not not know if it is possible.

If we manage to pull it off, you will be the driver on the first flight.

Best wishes and regards.

Dave
vololiberista

Post by vololiberista »

What if the throttles get accidentally on purpose stuck on full while taxiing??!! :wink:
vololiberista
Charlie

Post by Charlie »

It's not going to do a Victor... [-X
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Hi Guys

What a naughty Victor that was too.

I'm sure that the Queen of the Skies would behave herself much better........or would she. lol

Seriously, guys, please as many of you as possible attend our meeting on 12th December, detials above, and PM me or email me at the address in the meeting notice to give me your name & contact details and to confirm that you are attending. Wolfgang is flying in from Hamburg and we have one member who is looking to fly in from Cyprus, so you UK guys, come on and let's at least discuss this proposal, seriously, over lunch and see if we have a project worth taking to the feasibility stage.

Very best wishes and regards.

Dave
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Hi Dave

I'm really sorry but I can't make it on the day due to work commitments but would still like to be kept in the loop please :)

Andy
ACLVC10
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Hi Andy

We will certainly keep you in the loop.

Best regards.

Dave