Merry Christmas

Room for non-VC10 related issues, anything fits in here actually.
Laurieg

Merry Christmas

Post by Laurieg »

My sentiments entirely. A site well worth continuing. To add to a good years end is that I am moving over to VC 10 Majors/Minors in the new year. What more can a guy want? (Don't answer that)!!!!!!!!

Happy holidays to everyone. :D
Never had a GE's wallet. It was always empty when I got back but I always had a smile on my face :-)
ex-sengo-10

VOICE FROM THE PAST

Post by ex-sengo-10 »

Hi Laurie,

Bet you cannot guess who this is! I am still at BZN 14 years on!

Best regards,

????????
LSS

Post by LSS »

And 14 Years old ... Where's my Port :wink:
Laurieg

Post by Laurieg »

I'm down your way this weekend, in the Whitney Hotel. About time you stood a round, I think you still owe me one from a 10th seat trip you did with me :lol:
Never had a GE's wallet. It was always empty when I got back but I always had a smile on my face :-)
topgunn

Post by topgunn »

nice to see they let you out again :shock: i didnt know you could find you way back up to good old witney :lol: . give us a call if you want to chew over old times :cry: my wallet isnt quit as big as it used to be and i cant quite sit on it any more :( but BMW pay me quite well as a Quality engineer and after all its a cool 8) car

ps phone 07957355128 if you want a chat :P
Ex 10 SQN GE
Laurieg

Post by Laurieg »

Spooky :shock: Topgunn

Is the name a hint? Not many of us went there :lol:
topgunn

Post by topgunn »

sorry the name isnt a hint but i managed a flying visit once :D but the nickname came from one of the lads i drink with down the pub :mrgreen: where i play aunt sally, :lol: good old oxfordshire pub game. further clue ended up in base hanger as a docs controller after i finished flying and was on the same intake as RP, NL, DS, and PJ. :-)////)
Ex 10 SQN GE
Laurieg

Post by Laurieg »

I'm not gonna give up just yet, (phoning is the easy way out). I keep on thinking of Geordies and Phils intake but they were just after mine. We didn't go u/s in IAD with a FCOC cx, did we? --+0+--
topgunn

Post by topgunn »

no i wasnt on that trip but we did fly together a number of times :lol: i did manage a reputation for not going US very many times though : [-X and i was on the last official dulles run shame we lost that route :-({{|= . i came up to the office from downstairs if that helps you and i used to be on F troop :twisted:
Ex 10 SQN GE
Laurieg

Post by Laurieg »

Now you have REALLY got me bugged 00-)

That was Gary on that trip. I have looked through my log book and the only other ones that come to mind, (and lets face it, at my age it is getting over the hill), are Jamie or Glynn. Any closer? If not I will try and give you a buzz.

I think I left at the right time. All the good routes were going. No more globals, (remember Bottoms Up and Beefies). No more VIPs, (remember the girls getting changed down the back). And no more Dulles, (I am having problems remembering anything from there, but that has more to do with 19th and M than my age). :wink:
topgunn

Post by topgunn »

gary is right =D> but i dont remeber the fcoc problem. sorry for any confusion :? . when i left i forgot to take my route reports with me :( this has made it difficult to remember exactly all the routes i did :-aa. had you going for a while though :P. any idea where any of the others are at the moment :?: understand ron and phill are down your way :!: would be nice to set up a reuion some time and see how folks are getting on :idea:
Ex 10 SQN GE
Laurieg

Post by Laurieg »

Thought my brains had erroded :oops:

On that trip we were supposed to take a load of army guys to Tacoma but got a high oil temp, dumped some fuel and diverted to IAD. We stayed in the same hotel as them up at the airport, all 90 of them!!!!

I think Ron is still working at Lufthansa up here. He pops up on the messenger but not long enough to catch him. I did not know that Phil was here as well. Any ideas where? It would be a good idea if we can get enough of us together to chew the cud. Perhaps some of the guys will see this.

I am off to Akrotiri for 3 weeks in 10 days time so there goes another load of brain cells. Quite handy to have someone out there you know, at least the Keo factory will go into profit :-)////)
topgunn

Post by topgunn »

the trip is starting to come back to me now is that the one where i blew the tree over on the side of the parking bays at page/signature during the ground runs #-o. i remember the bar being very full and some of the pongos getting drunk and turning up late for the jet in the morning :wink: .
nice to see you are of for some sun and keo :mrgreen: wont be quit like block 101 partying though [-X . mind you kebabs at chrises is still on just to take you back down memory lane 8) . id like to do the same but ive already had two holidays this year :) one skiing in france \:D/ and one down in cornwall just lazing around on the beach :wink: . im sorry but i dont know where phill is as the info came from the landlord of the rose and crown in shilton who knows both phill and ron. i agree we need to get some of the old gang back together and chew over the past times :lol: and talk about the end of an erra :-({|= the passing of 10 SQN into the non flying status/disbandment archives of the RAF :x. if i dont speek to you before have a good one in cypruss dont fly greek air as you never can tell where you will land :-k
Ex 10 SQN GE
Laurieg

Post by Laurieg »

Yup, thats the one. They were all stuffing themselves with food instead of drowning themselves in beer or long Island iced teas :?

I always keep on this site so if there is a p*** up for the disbandment, let us know. I spoke to Phil Nobbs the other week and said something will be going on.

After the Helios crash my missus is a little edgy but after flying the 10 these civie things are a piece of doddle!