ZA147 @ Yeovilton Video

Post all photo threads, or photo-heavy threads here. (Links to) videos are also welcome here.
Thumper

ZA147 @ Yeovilton Video

Post by Thumper »

I finally found a few minutes to get the video I took on my phone onto my laptop and stick a little video together of ZA147 taxiing to her static spot at Yeovilton Airshow this year, I also went back for her departure. I never actually went to the airshow, I bought the Photocall ticket for arrivals JUST to see the VC10 come in, missed show day and then went back Monday just to see the VC10 depart. I love VC10's :D

Sorry about my noisy Canon shutter but it was really difficult taking photo's and filming at the same time :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhXmOfMzJdQ
vololiberista

Re: ZA147 @ Yeovilton Video

Post by vololiberista »

Thumper wrote:I finally found a few minutes to get the video I took on my phone onto my laptop and stick a little video together of ZA147 taxiing to her static spot at Yeovilton Airshow this year, I also went back for her departure. I never actually went to the airshow, I bought the Photocall ticket for arrivals JUST to see the VC10 come in, missed show day and then went back Monday just to see the VC10 depart. I love VC10's :D

Sorry about my noisy Canon shutter but it was really difficult taking photo's and filming at the same time :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhXmOfMzJdQ
Nice video seeing as it was taken on a phone! :-) And, you didn't allow the music to interfere with the sound of the Conways!
In my younger days I had many opportunities to fly in 10's due to my Father's work placement in the Middle East. During and after my pilot training I was lucky enough to ride up front in the playroom a number of times. The 10 was developed when the UK was leading the World in aviation technology and it shows in that aircraft! On my wall behind the PC I have 3 A3 sheets showing a full exploded view. Everything is there. Belt and braces plus. It also shows up in the flight manuel, technical notes and check lists.
I have no hesitation in saying that to me it is the finest sub-sonic aircraft the world has seen and must be preserved. Modelling each system from a sim point of view takes an enormous amount of time to produce an accurate and predictable result. I'll probably be another six months before it's close to finished! (it took three months of daily simulated ground and flight tests to accurately mirror the engine limitations shedule. Now, I'm working on the split system technology. Every instrument and control surface is affected. Which bus, what voltage, direct or indirect hydraulic supply, Elrat deployment etc.
Being where I am, I'm severely p****d off not being able to be present to see the last flying days. Soon it will be just a distant memory as is Concorde. (did we really produce a Supersonic a/c, apparently we did :-). )
vololiberista
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Thank you Vololiberista and a lovely account of your time spent on the 10's!

I have the VC10 Super package for Flight Simulator X and it's a lovely model with excellent paintwork and a great aircraft to fly as well, what sim are you producing?

I feel for you not being able to make it to see the last of them come in, I probably won't too so it was nice to see ZA147 this year and of course it was very special to see XR808 come in to land at Bruntingthorpe. I did try and take a video of that but it did not come out too well as I stuck my phone in my belt loop and I didn't turn quick enough so BOB is out of shot for the landing! :oops:

I did get to see Concorde's come in to Heathrow for the last time, well sort of, I was squashed by lots and lots of people and saw very little, it doesn't seem like that was 10 years ago and the Harriers and Nimrods only 3 years ago, such a shame.
vololiberista

Post by vololiberista »

Thumper wrote:Thank you Vololiberista and a lovely account of your time spent on the 10's!

I have the VC10 Super package for Flight Simulator X and it's a lovely model with excellent paintwork and a great aircraft to fly as well, what sim are you producing?

I feel for you not being able to make it to see the last of them come in, I probably won't too so it was nice to see ZA147 this year and of course it was very special to see XR808 come in to land at Bruntingthorpe. I did try and take a video of that but it did not come out too well as I stuck my phone in my belt loop and I didn't turn quick enough so BOB is out of shot for the landing! :oops:

I did get to see Concorde's come in to Heathrow for the last time, well sort of, I was squashed by lots and lots of people and saw very little, it doesn't seem like that was 10 years ago and the Harriers and Nimrods only 3 years ago, such a shame.
The best VC10 for MS is David Maltby's version. It works in FSX but is better in FS9 for which I have done numerous updates. His original model was lacking in "functionality". But, a superb platform upon which to add missing functions. So now almost every item in the original check lists is accounted for complete with voice recognition if desired.

As for Concorde I just happened to be in Bahrain visiting my parents when it arrived on its World tour.
And, when I was living in London I was right under the take-off path from Heathrow. Needless to say I and many others would always step outside to watch it go over. Strange to think the 10 is noisier :-)
vololiberista
petet16

Post by petet16 »

I was in Bahrain when the Concorde arrived as well, Dad was flying for Gulf Air at the time.

Years later when I was working at Heathrow, Concorde was the only aircraft departing that people used to take any notice of, it certainly had presence --+0+-- :lol:
Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

Nice vid, Helen. Brings a tear to the eye knowing I'll not see her take off again.

Sadly I'll not be able to make Brunty either. Damn work!!!!!

:-({{|= Doesn't begin to come close.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Oh no, sorry for you FP, can you not come down with the little known "Conway Virus" that day, I hear it's terribly contagious? :wink:
jonf45

Post by jonf45 »

Thumper wrote:Oh no, sorry for you FP, can you not come down with the little known "Conway Virus" that day, I hear it's terribly contagious? :wink:
It certainly is, as I've just come down with a case of it for next Friday and the following Wednesday ;). Lovely vid, good bit of clag on departure :D
What's all that blue stuff in the background ;)
Jon
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Haha nice one Jon! Damn me living so far away, was only down the road before I moved to this damned swamp infested county, my car is currently suffering from trench foot! Oh but yes, Yeovilton was a scorcher, lots of blue stuff and a big hot yellow thing too! Can't beat a bit of clag, no idea what that is but I'll just nod my head in acknowledgment so it looks like I know what I'm talking about :-)////)
jonf45

Post by jonf45 »

Thumper wrote:Haha nice one Jon! Damn me living so far away, was only down the road before I moved to this damned swamp infested county, my car is currently suffering from trench foot! Oh but yes, Yeovilton was a scorcher, lots of blue stuff and a big hot yellow thing too! Can't beat a bit of clag, no idea what that is but I'll just nod my head in acknowledgment so it looks like I know what I'm talking about :-)////)
Lol! Ignorance is bliss ;) it's the cloud of smoke produced by the engines :D us train drivers know all about it ;)
Where abouts do you live?
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Ahhh thanks, I am now more educated in the finer things of life of which I think clag most certainly is!

I live in deepest darkest Dorset.
Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

Thumper wrote:Oh no, sorry for you FP, can you not come down with the little known "Conway Virus" that day, I hear it's terribly contagious? :wink:
Ah, the Conway Virus. Is that the one that causes the noisy emission of enormous quantities of dark and pungent gases from the nether regions? I've suffered on a number of occasions. :mrgreen:

I'm working on it however...
vololiberista

Post by vololiberista »

Thumper wrote:Ahhh thanks, I am now more educated in the finer things of life of which I think clag most certainly is!

I live in deepest darkest Dorset.
How far from Blandford may I ask?
vololiberista
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Just across the way from Blandford as I'm near Dorchester :D

Flower Pour (I think I got that the wrong way round), the Conway virus does indeed have those symptoms, other symptoms also include emotional instability, goosebumps, a lump in the throat, watery eyes and tourettes :wink:
vololiberista

Post by vololiberista »

Thumper wrote:Just across the way from Blandford as I'm near Dorchester :D

Flower Pour (I think I got that the wrong way round), the Conway virus does indeed have those symptoms, other symptoms also include emotional instability, goosebumps, a lump in the throat, watery eyes and tourettes :wink:
Blandford was the family home until the death of my Grandmother in 1987. Frome Vauxchurch is where my Uncle is currently!

You forgot Conwayitis. Or perhaps beter describes as 10itis (pronounced tinitus due to the whispering Conways). Neck bones constantly clicking due to watching said aircraft fly overhead.
vololiberista