Need of interior pics of VC10 tankers

Post all photo threads, or photo-heavy threads here. (Links to) videos are also welcome here.
Andover115

Need of interior pics of VC10 tankers

Post by Andover115 »

Hi guys, I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me. Back in my ATC days, I was lucky enough to have flown in all four marks of the VC.10, which operated from Brize with the RAF. I also was even more fortunate to fly in the other RAF aircraft powered by the mighty RR Conway, the Victor. I want to put together a little illustrated talk for the Oxfordshire Aviation Group. However, I have discovered I do not have any pictures of the tanks in the back of the K.2/K.3 variants. Also I am bereft of pictures of the CCTV arrangement, used by the Flight Engineer during AAR. Unfortunately most of my VC.10 pictures, together with other aviation memorabilia, was destroyed in a flood a few years ago. I wonder of there were any members who would have the appropriate pictures, that I could use. As I said this is not for any kind of commercial purpose and all acknowledgements of the photographers would be made. Many thanks in advance! As a small thank you here's a Tonka being refuelled by a K.4!
Magnum

Re: Need of interior pics of VC10 tankers

Post by Magnum »

Andover115 wrote:Hi guys, I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me. Back in my ATC days, I was lucky enough to have flown in all four marks of the VC.10, which operated from Brize with the RAF. I also was even more fortunate to fly in the other RAF aircraft powered by the mighty RR Conway, the Victor. I want to put together a little illustrated talk for the Oxfordshire Aviation Group. However, I have discovered I do not have any pictures of the tanks in the back of the K.2/K.3 variants. Also I am bereft of pictures of the CCTV arrangement, used by the Flight Engineer during AAR. Unfortunately most of my VC.10 pictures, together with other aviation memorabilia, was destroyed in a flood a few years ago. I wonder of there were any members who would have the appropriate pictures, that I could use. As I said this is not for any kind of commercial purpose and all acknowledgements of the photographers would be made. Many thanks in advance! As a small thank you here's a Tonka being refuelled by a K.4!
Depending on your time constraints there is an open day at Bruntingthorpe for the cold war jets in May and we currently have a C1.K, K3 and K4 there where you should be able to get photos.
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

Hi there,

PM me an email address and I can send you something...

Tonks --+0+--
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

I've got some photos of the tanks in ZA147 which I took in September 2013 that you're welcome to use. I only have one shot of the FE panel with the TV screen on but not showing all that much. You'll have to find other sources for those photos but I have a sneaking suspicion that Tonkenna might be able to help you with that. :wink:
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
EGDGZTCW

Post by EGDGZTCW »

Here the FE panels in K3 ZA148 ...... less the pencil sharpener .....

.... and the camera underneath ....

If there is a particular shot that you need, let me know and I will try and take it for you.

Chris