A newbie to this site

Looking for someone? Want to get in touch with other enthusiasts? This would be the place to post a message.
Bluewantage1

A newbie to this site

Post by Bluewantage1 »

Just found this site by a sheer fluke. I joined BOAC as cabin crew (steward ll) on 1st May 1972 and stayed on the mini-fleet (twinned with the Boeing 707), until 1980 when I was transferred to the B747 fleet....by that time I had been promoted to a Steward l. Great memories of very long ( 17 and 21 day trips), royal flights, positioning flight......sitting on flight deck while landing into KaiTak, last flight...and fly past of Montego Bay airport. I stayed with BA until I retired at 55 in 2004, but found myself back there in 2012 after the take over of bmi, who I was working with at the time.....finally hung up the 'ice tongs' in September 2018 age 69......and could still do the job better than most half my age! First time around I managed to rise to the exhulted heights of CSD for almost 20 years.....but on my second coming, I remained just a member of the main crew.....and had a great time, while others took all the rubbish which is thrown at them these days. When I get time, I will sort out some memorabilia I still have. But until then, enjoy a 'little vc10tenderness. Look forward to hearing from any former colleagues. Regards, John Callaway
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Re: A newbie to this site

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Welcome John!

Thank you for sharing your story, and if you can share some of your memorabelia, I would appreciate it!
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
ACLVC10

Re: A newbie to this site

Post by ACLVC10 »

Welcome John
ACLVC10