VC10 Data Disc

Any VC10 related discussions.....
ACLVC10

Re: VC10 Data Disc

Post by ACLVC10 »

WeddingVC10 wrote:Hi, I would be if you still have a copy :)
I've PM'd you :)

Andy
ACLVC10
Richard Moss

Post by Richard Moss »

I'd like one, too. Can you take paypal (I'm in the Middle East and bank transfers are quite problematic)?
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Richard Moss wrote:I'd like one, too. Can you take paypal (I'm in the Middle East and bank transfers are quite problematic)?
I've PM'd you Richard
ACLVC10
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Hi Guys

Still available if anyone is interested, PM me if you are?

Andy
ACLVC10
AlanT

Post by AlanT »

I have only just joined the party. Is this CD still available, either as a CD or a download?

A bit of background. I am an ex Vickers apprentice, and went on to run the former TSR2 simulator at Weybridge for many years. We often used the VC10 as the basis for a project. It was a very pleasant aircraft to fly. The ground effect made landings very easy.

Now retired and living in sunny Portugal I have been spending my "free" time making a TSR2 simulation for Flightgear. Flightgear does not have a VC10 for some unacountable reason so I have started doing this. It will be fun to air to air refuel with this pair.

One memory of VC10 was on a test flight with "Trubby" in command. I was part of the team working on autoland, so was given a ride at the back of the cockpit to monitor some circuit and bumps at Beford. Watching the crew sitting with arms folded whilst we made perfect landing after perfect landing. Each landing was followed by fullthrust climb. As there were no seats at the back of the cockpit I had to hold , very firmly, on to the cockpit door frame to avoid ending up in the rear toilets. An empty VC10 has very good acceleration ;)

Thanks to all who have contributed to this web site.

Alan