Conway sounds

Changes? Corrections? Additions? New forums? Post your questions, suggestions or comments here. Also I'll try to let you know what's happening with the site.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Conway sounds

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Question from Dave Massey in the Guestbook: "Any plans to add WAV files so as we can hear those beautiful Conways?"

Actually if you look in the 'Memories' section at 'London to Nairobi by BOAC VC10' you'll find two MP3 files which feature Conway sounds, amongst other things. Also in the 'Fly a VC10' section there's a download for Flightsim that adds Conway sounds to your home flying experience.

Apart from that..... I wouldn't mind to add more sounds, but does anybody have any WAV files or recordings that could be used? Let me know!
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Tonkenna

Sound of freedom

Post by Tonkenna »

Jelle,

I have a video that I took on a VC10 sortie, but I have no idea how to transfer it but I will look into it. There is lots from the cockpit and down the back and also some from outside. I will see what I can do.

Tonks
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Tonks,

Thanks for the offer, at this point I don't have a clue either on how to transfer / convert from video to 'usable' sound, but I'll look into the matter.

Will be continued!

Jelle.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
VC10 Steward 1971

VC10 sounds

Post by VC10 Steward 1971 »

I too would be interested - more than that - totally overjoyed - to get a recording of the sound of those Conways from inside the back galley. It was a delicious roar then a change of note, like giant vacuum cleaners outside the back doors, as the engines really spooled up and sucked in great dollops of air.

I can help with the transfer of recordings to digital and web. Perhaps someone at Brize Norton could set up a simple recorder on an aircraft to capture these internal sounds for posterity. It really was a very special roar inside the cabin that was like no other aircraft. No point in recording external wind noise on the flight deck - there was none!! :D

I can always be contacted via editor [at] thamesweb.co.uk. Please edit email address as appropriate. I do not use EZ mail.