VC10 Tribute Shirt - Order Yours Now!

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Thumper

VC10 Tribute Shirt - Order Yours Now!

Post by Thumper »

Ladies and Gentleman, I am proud to announce that the Vickers VC10 Tribute Shirt which has been discussed at length on this forum has now got the green light so me and Andy (ACLVC10) are taking orders which can be placed either in this thread or via PM. Please see the advert and information below on how to get your hands on one!

Final Advert by Thumper427, on Flickr

Due to a divide on the forum over the donations side of the matter there are 2 options to go with this polo shirt.

Option 1) If a donation of £25 or more is made, any profit (minus cost of shirt and postage) will be put into a savings bank account with either Andy or me. We will in due course be contacting GJD Services to see if they are interested in receiving this profit as a donation towards keeping XR808 in tip top shape. If for any reason that is not possible the money shall go to Bruntingthorpe Museum. If that is not possible we have 2 further options which would be to either send any profit back to the donator or to make a donation to a registered charity of their choice.

Option 2) You may buy the shirt for cost price which is £18.26 plus £4 postage and packing.

ABOUT US! The concept came about by forum member Andy (ACLVC10) who discussed on the forum the idea of VC10 memorabilia with profits going towards XR808. In that post he asked for anyone interested in helping to step forward. Having had experience with merchandise myself I offered my help and after 11 attempts we came up with the above design which won the majority vote on the forum. We are both huge VC10 fans and would love to do something to raise funds for keeping a VC10 in good condition be that just cosmetically or in live running order, XR808 based at Bruntingthorpe was the obvious choice so we chose 'BOB' as the aircraft which would receive any profit.

Fruit of the Loom Polo Shirts. Heavy Duty three-button fused placket, reinforced stitching, 65% Polyester 35% Cotton, easy care, available in sizes S-XXXL (Men), XS-XXXL (Ladies) and children (XS-XXL), white only. All artwork will be silk screen printed professionally in black.

PAYMENT AND AVAILABILITY.
The forum topics about the shirt received a few responses and currently we are looking at 30 shirts being produced, however, neither me nor Andy have the funds to pay for all of these shirts up front. We decided that the best idea would be that once we got the green light and sorted out the final design, pricing options and printer then we would make the advert and get in firm orders. We have also decided that it would be sensible if people could pay/donate up front so that we are not left with a debt to pay to the printers for unwanted stock.

All moneys received would be held in a savings account, receipts will be issued and accounts shall be kept to show proof of incoming/outgoing payments and any profit held for those who wish to request them.

The availability is 3 weeks, so when the order goes in, 3 weeks later the shirts will be sent out.

I ask everyone that is interested to please place your orders as soon as possible, we have decided to run a 1 week order 'line' for this so if you can please get your orders in before 28th August 2013 then we can send the order to the printers before the week is out.

I hope this is all okay with everyone, as ever, any questions just ask, we'll be more than happy to answer them.

Kind Regards
Helen and Andy (Thumper/ACLVC10)

--+0+-- --+0+--
Last edited by Thumper on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tonkenna

Re: VC10 Tribute Shirt - Order Yours Now!

Post by Tonkenna »

Does that mean you are down if a donation of £20 is made... and it needs to be clear how much of the "donation" actually goes to the "charity"!

Also, has anyone asked Jelle if he is happy for his website address to be used in the advert?

Tonks
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Hi Tonks,

Yes an error was made on that post stating £20 when it should have read £25, this has now been amended.

As stated, cost price is £18.26 plus £4 p&p which is £22.26p total. Any monies received over that amount will be classed as profit be it a penny or a pound and will be put straight into the savings account aka 'VC10 pot'. I will amend the post to make this more clear.

This has not been easy and has been causing me a fair amount of stress, as with a lot of 'ventures/proposals' people are very quick to pick up on faults and little else. I am trying to fit this around my job which at the moment is including overtime at weekends and very late into the evenings so I would appreciate it if everyone could remember that.

I can remove the forum address in the advert, it is only posted on this website at the moment so will be a quick and easy edit. I will send off some PM's now.

Regards
Helen
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Hi Helen and Andy

I would like two shirts, chest size 44 (whatever that is in the letter sizes).

How do I get the money to you?

Dave
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Hi Guys

Could all orders by PM'd to Helen (Thumper), that way we can keep an accurate tally in this.

Many thanks

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Hello all,

Just a couple of quick things I need to add here.

Firstly, many apologies for the slight error in the original advert stating donations of £20 or more. Thank you to the members for pointing this out to me, naturally £20 did not add up to cost price so we would have been down a few quid! I have amended the original advert now. I have also added that the shirts are available in Mens, Ladies and Childrens Sizes.

SIZE GUIDE.
FRUIT OF THE LOOM shirts I am told are reasonably generous in their sizing.

Mens polo shirts are available in Small (36-38" chest), Medium (40-42" chest), Large (42-44" chest), XL (44-48" chest) and XXL (48-50" chest).

Ladies Polo Shirts are available in XS (8), S (10), M (12), L (14), XL (16), XXL (18)

With regards to payment, if payments could be sent via paypal this would be great. My paypal email address is;

cry_baby_wah_wah@hotmail.com

If you can select the option which says something like "gift from family/friend" this would be greatly appreciated as it stops paypal taking their cut out of the payment!

If you do not have paypal or wish to send payment via bank transfer or other means please PM me for more information.

Finally, we have already received 12 orders including 1 from another forum! Thank you very much for all your support including VC10.net's owner Jelle, you've put a smile on mine and Andy's faces and we can't wait to get the orders in!

Thank you again
Helen and Andy
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I am disappointed to put this post up but at the moment the order total stands at 8 shirts from 5 people, 2 have paid and I am awaiting a further 2 payments. Thank you to those who have ordered and are sorting payments out.

The disappointment is that the quote I received from the printers was for 30 shirts, a number which me and Andy achieved through our original interest post, hence the quotes were for 30. Unfortunately, many people have not ordered shirts (yet) so I am posting this message hoping that those who originally showed interest will still come forward to place an order for this shirt.

The problem we face at the moment is that the more you order the lower the price per unit. If we have to change the order to a mere 8 shirts the price per unit will increase.

The order cut off date is this Wednesday 28th August 2013 so if you would like a shirt please contact me via PM as soon as possible.

I will keep everyone up to date with the matter via this thread, I can assure everyone who has paid for the shirts that the money is held in a secure account and that if we have to scrap this idea due to lack of interest you will receive every penny back in full.

Kind Regards
Helen & Andy --+0+--
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

H Guys

I second all of what Helen (Thumper) has said above, the response we got initially was great but now.....where have you all gone.

Please show your support otherwise this idea will be grounded just like the ladies we are trying to support.

Please PM Helen with your order by Wednesday.

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

A quick update to say that if you are waiting to be paid at the end of the month, please PM me with your order so I can at least get the order in to the print team and we can sort payment out come 2nd September.
gingermonster

Post by gingermonster »

HI, Any chance of getting one (Large) posted to N.Z? If so how much additional for the postage? Thanks.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Hello Gingermonster, I have sent you a PM with information on overseas postage :D --+0+--
vc10fan@aim.com

Post by vc10fan@aim.com »

Hello, I would like to order two of your shirts in the USA is the possible? If so what should I do?

I have a Paypal account and would like XL.

Thanks in anticipation.

vc10fan@aim.com
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Hi Guys

Can I please remind everyone if they are wanting to order shirts please can you private message me or Thumper (Helen) with your orders, that way we have traceability on your order :)

Many thanks

Andy --+0+--
ACLVC10
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Hello VC10fan, I have sent you a private message with regards to ordering a shirt, thank you very much for your interest :D --+0+--
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Hi Guys

Thanks to everyone that has shown there interest in getting there hands on one of our shirts.

If there is anyone that has missed the order cut off and aid interested in getting there hands on one of these please do PM me and I will speak to my partner in this venture and I will see what I can do.....

Come on guys lets get as much money raised as we can :)

Thanks to everyone so far for there support in this project.

Andy
ACLVC10