Another structure in the forums perhaps?

Changes? Corrections? Additions? New forums? Post your questions, suggestions or comments here. Also I'll try to let you know what's happening with the site.

Is this a good idea (read the post below before answering please)?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 10

Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Another structure in the forums perhaps?

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

I've been wondering for a while if I shouldn't rename the 'VC10-Technicalities' and 'VC10-Miscellaneous' forums to something more logical. I once had a reason for picking these names but right now I cannot recreate my thinking process there :-)/\/\/\)

How about this:
- 'VC10 Discussions' for most of the topics (I'll move them once I've figured this out)
- 'VC10 Photos' for the threads which are photo heavy.

Thoughts and comments please!
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Thumper

Re: Another structure in the forums perhaps?

Post by Thumper »

I think a photo section is a good idea as there are certainly plenty of photo threads to fill a separate section up nicely especially with the organised Brize Norton visit and retirement imminent! I like the simplicity of this forum, I don't have to scroll down an enormous page of sparse sections :D
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

The new structure has been put into action! It may take everyone a while to get used to it (I'll probably click a wrong forum a few times myself) but let's see how this works out and if needed we can always think up something else to try. Any suggestions or comments are welcome!
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I think this is a great addition Jelle. Having missed the VC10 arrive into Newquay and the Cold War Jets day at Bruntingthorpe I wanted to come on here and check out everyone's photographs. It was very easy just to head straight to the photo section rather than go through the Misc section and picking out the relevant posts between other things. Good work =D>