RAF Leuchars 09.09.13

Post all photo threads, or photo-heavy threads here. (Links to) videos are also welcome here.
Flour Power

RAF Leuchars 09.09.13

Post by Flour Power »

Hello folks.

I travelled up to Leuchars for the airshow this weekend and was lucky enough to get to stay for departures. Sadly the weather wasn't up to much but the action more than made up for that!

I may add more as I get through the 2500 or so images from the weekend but for now, I give you ZA147...

RAF Vickers VC-10 K3, ZA147 by Flour Power 99, on Flickr
Last edited by Flour Power on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magnum

Re: RAF Leuchars

Post by Magnum »

Very nice shot Mike. :)
Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

Thank you Rich.
jonf45

Post by jonf45 »

Stunning shot mate :D
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Exquisite!! Stunning photograph FP =D>
FunnyBus

Post by FunnyBus »

Very nice =D>
vololiberista

Post by vololiberista »

What model of 10 is this? with canards -- Very advanced!!! :-)
vololiberista
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

Very nice indeed... it was a great show I have to say. Did you get any shots of the Voyager at all? I know that is a bad word here LOL Sorry...

Tonks :mrgreen:
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

Thank you all for your kind words.

This is the first time I've seen a VC10 from the front on take off. Sadly, the last as well.

Sorry Andy, no Voyager pics. Did she leave on Sunday?

On the subject of canards; the Austrian Tiffies were awesome! =D> Just a shame we don't have a Typhoon photo forum. :roll:

Pip pip!

Mike
Jazz707

Post by Jazz707 »

There must have been a few shooters at that spot Mike? Seen a few similar shots, but yours is the best. Easy.

When was the first time you said you would never see a VC-10 take off again?! Been a few more since then?!! See you at Brize AND Brunty!

Could start a thread on the next classic British jetliner to be retired... the 146?! Mmmmm, maybe not!
Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

Jazz707 wrote:There must have been a few shooters at that spot Mike? Seen a few similar shots, but yours is the best. Easy.

When was the first time you said you would never see a VC-10 take off again?! Been a few more since then?!! See you at Brize AND Brunty!

Could start a thread on the next classic British jetliner to be retired... the 146?! Mmmmm, maybe not!
:lol: More final farewells than The Rolling Stones! :lol:

For the record, it was viewtopic.php?f=12&t=733 and I did say "probably". :wink:

I'm absolutely snowed under at work and will be until October so, unless there's a surprise take off at the photocall, I'm very much afraid this'll be it.

Thanks for the compliment. There were probably about fifty folks on the mound - mostly with cameras or camcorders so I guess there'll be few pics floating about. Conditions were less than perfect and this image received some serious 'tarting up' before being released into the wild.

I've got some 146s...
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

Hi FP... sadly we had to leave on Sat night after showing several hundreds of folks around the jet! Good day though, even though I missed most of the flying display!

Tonks :mrgreen:
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/