Manuals and documents on eBay

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Manuals and documents on eBay

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

I noticed yesterday that, apart from the various manuals that are being sold on eBay, someone is now also offering a CD with 'period reports' about the VC10. See here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vickers-Super ... Swa~BYY9Fg

Please note that (after a quick edit last night) all these reports are available online, and are easily accessed through the various links on my website. The various accident reports can be found through this page: http://www.vc10.net/History/incidents_a ... dents.html
The wind tunnel report is linked at the bottom of this page: http://www.vc10.net/Technical/wing_shapes.html

I find it strange how people can come up with new scams to earn money. In this case the seller is trying to earn money by burning freely available PDFs onto a 10p CD-ROM. In a sense I can understand people asking money for a manual that they have scanned themselves (I know how much work this can be) but in this case I fail to see where this seller has actually put some effort into this.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
ACLVC10

Re: Manuals and documents on eBay

Post by ACLVC10 »

Not Guilty ............
ACLVC10
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

:mrgreen:

I wasn't trying to accuse anyone Andy, but I thought it useful to post about it here. I am all for sharing information but I find it strange that people are trying to make a quick profit out of things like this.

Actually I sent the seller a message asking him why the CD would be worth GBP 5 if all the material is freely available. This is his response:
this archive has been privately created I cannot be responsible where similar material has been disseminated & distributed on the internet. All items are presented with sincere intent for historic/collection purpose
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

I know Jelle, I didn't mean it in the way of you accusing anyone.

Yes sadly anything related remotely to the VC10 has now got an inflated price these days.
ACLVC10
bobisqueen

Post by bobisqueen »

I'm always wary of buying so called VC10 manuals off the Internet. Some of them are described as VC10 manuals yet on the inside the VC10 content in minimal at best. That said, There's still some cracking bargains to be had!!
vololiberista

Post by vololiberista »

One manual I am after is for the FMC fitted to the RAF 10's. It is unusual as it only has four lines so quite an early variation I would say.