Avionics

Any VC10 related discussions.....
vololiberista

Avionics

Post by vololiberista »

Assuming the APU is not available would the avionics come on if just ground power was available or only when the generators are running?
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Re: Avionics

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

That depends on the Ground Power switch. With this set to CLOSE, the Ground Power Breaker closes, which connects the Ground Power busbar to the Sys A synchronising busbar, and through the SSB to the Sys B synchronising busbar. In that case power is available for the complete electrical system and thus for the avionics. If the Ground Power switch is left in OPEN position, only 28V DC and domestic busbars are powered, so no avionics in that case. All this is based on the VC10 C Mk 1 pilot's notes - technical, I hope I got it right :wink:
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
vololiberista

Post by vololiberista »

Jelle Hieminga wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:32 pm That depends on the Ground Power switch. With this set to CLOSE, the Ground Power Breaker closes, which connects the Ground Power busbar to the Sys A synchronising busbar, and through the SSB to the Sys B synchronising busbar. In that case power is available for the complete electrical system and thus for the avionics. If the Ground Power switch is left in OPEN position, only 28V DC and domestic busbars are powered, so no avionics in that case. All this is based on the VC10 C Mk 1 pilot's notes - technical, I hope I got it right :wink:
Thanks Jelle,
That sounds right. Programming the logic of the electrics panel is a bit of a nightmare. Manged today to get the standy TRU to twitch each time you movethe selector switch. Works nicely.

Post by 1103 »

The same process applies if the APU generator is available.