Brunty today...

Post all photo threads, or photo-heavy threads here. (Links to) videos are also welcome here.
Tonkenna

Brunty today...

Post by Tonkenna »

A few pics from today...

ImageVickers VC10 K4 ZD241 by ZZ330, on Flickr

ImageThe A Team by ZZ330, on Flickr

And a final flight...

ImageLast flight by ZZ330, on Flickr

ImageLast flight by ZZ330, on Flickr

Tonks --+0+--
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
Thumper

Re: Brunty today...

Post by Thumper »

Nice polo shirt design Hannibal, looks familiar! Are you going to be selling these as merchandise?
ACLVC10

Brunty today...

Post by ACLVC10 »

Thumper wrote:Nice polo shirt design Hannibal, looks familiar! Are you going to be selling these as merchandise?
I do also remember that the design wasn't well like by certain members on the forum.......but yes does look familiar ;)

They do look good in navy aswell.....
ACLVC10
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Would be a good fundraising idea for 241?? ;)

Andy
ACLVC10
RacingRoy

Post by RacingRoy »

I'd buy one :wink:
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

There not for sale to the general public I'm afraid :(

Andy
ACLVC10
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Only the following people can get a polo shirt;

However, I am sure a quick Google for "design your own polo shirt" would mean you could actually get one :wink:
bobisqueen

Post by bobisqueen »

I must admit, I don't know what the big fuss about the polo shirts is about. We only designed the polo shirts to give us, the few guys who maintain 241 our own identity. The shirt design was done by one of our wifes and the cost to us was high as it was a small order, however we were happy with that.

We maintain 241 for GJD, who are the owners of 241 and we asked them if they were happy with the polo shirts and they are.

I understand people want to buy one but please also understand the reason we had them done in the first place
Bill1980

Post by Bill1980 »

Never mind polo shirts, the A Team deserve a medal for sorting out the hydraulics so swiftly on Sunday :D
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I don't think anyone has a problem with it, quite the opposite in fact, some have expressed an interest in purchasing a shirt to help raise money and the answer was no. I think people are actually just trying to offer help and to support the running/maintenance of ZD241 and were thinking of ways to do so. As for the A Team reference, that's bound to happen if you call yourself that!! :wink:
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Thumper wrote:I don't think anyone has a problem with it, quite the opposite in fact, some have expressed an interest in purchasing a shirt to help raise money and the answer was no. I think people are actually just trying to offer help and to support the running/maintenance of ZD241 and were thinking of ways to do so. As for the A Team reference, that's bound to happen if you call yourself that!! :wink:
Without sounding like im taking sides, this is exactly what i was thinking ........ i only ever wanted to purchase one to help boost funds in support of 241, my intention was never to become a member of the "A Team" ;)

Andy
ACLVC10
bobisqueen

Post by bobisqueen »

We simply had them made up so we had out own identity, much like the other groups at brunty have.

As for fundrising, 241 is in a unique situation and as we don't, as such have anything to do with the VC10derlovingcarers, fundraising wasn't on the top of our agenda. We are just a small group on engineers that maintain 241 for the owner, GJD. We did think about adjusting the shirts slightly and then selling them, but the cost is high and to make any profit from them, we would end up pricing people out of it. As and when the VC10derloving carers group raise the funds to own and operate 241, The A team will probably cease to exist.

I'm sure that the VC10derloving carers are looking at ways of fundrising, including polo shirts etc, so hopefully you will not have to wait to long to get hold of a good looking polo shirt.

We have no problem with the A Team reference, we called ourselves that to take the pi$$ out of ourselves!!
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

bobisqueen wrote:We simply had them made up so we had out own identity, much like the other groups at brunty have.

As for fundrising, 241 is in a unique situation and as we don't, as such have anything to do with the VC10derlovingcarers, fundraising wasn't on the top of our agenda. We are just a small group on engineers that maintain 241 for the owner, GJD. We did think about adjusting the shirts slightly and then selling them, but the cost is high and to make any profit from them, we would end up pricing people out of it. As and when the VC10derloving carers group raise the funds to own and operate 241, The A team will probably cease to exist.

I'm sure that the VC10derloving carers are looking at ways of fundrising, including polo shirts etc, so hopefully you will not have to wait to long to get hold of a good looking polo shirt.

We have no problem with the A Team reference, we called ourselves that to take the pi$$ out of ourselves!!
Sorry dont wish to enter into a large debate but i dsagree with you there, there shirts could be slightly adjusted to eliminate the risk of us pure minions being confused for the "A Team" and then resold onto us, from experience in selling the tribute shirts here on the forum know that if they want an item and know its going to a good cause people will pay a far price as long they are produced at a good quality, like the shirts we were selling were and we sold i believe around 25 (thumper would be able to confirm the exact figures) and came out with a profit of around £250.

Anyway rant over.......sorry ;)

Andy
ACLVC10
bobisqueen

Post by bobisqueen »

Its nothing to do with, as you put 'us pure minions being confused for the "A Team"' Its the fact that we decided to do something for ourselves, that we as a group are quite proud of. We all maintain 241 out of the love for her and the VC10 in general, the a team reference is a just a bit of a laugh for us, Something which just gets looked over

If you think that the polo shirts would make a good seller, suggest it to the VC10derlovingcarers group, i'm sure they would happy to listen to any ideas to help them raise funds.

Im afraid we will have to agree to disagree on costs.
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Would make a good suggestion as im sure there would be many that would buy them ;)

oh by the way, which one are you in the picture?

Andy
ACLVC10