A couple of old tiny photos at Brize

Post all photo threads, or photo-heavy threads here. (Links to) videos are also welcome here.
Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

I now spend vast amounts of time photographing things however I cannot believe all the years I was at Brize Norton I only had a useless 110 camera and took only a few good pics. I DID have hundreds but as I say they all got lost when my worldly goods went down the Thames with the negatives. VC10's at Greenham Common, displays you name it after I bought my first SLR. Very upset is an understatement but ONLY at the loss of the photos, everything else is replaceable :-({{|=

My barrack room was right next to the runway so we had a good view, also when Concorde was at BZN crew training I was pulled out of the hat to go for a jolly!

the first no idea as I was shooting the Vulcan we hoped to buy with our preservation group!
2 pics here - the second I believe was 806, spent many hours on circuit bumps in her!
Attachments
bzn.jpg
old10.jpg
Murray Keene

Re: A couple of old tiny photos at Brize

Post by Murray Keene »

I have 3 very old promo films of the VC10 showing scenes shot at Wisley etc not sure if I can upload these, they are classics that my dad got for me years ago.

(ah ok tried to attach one - no joy how can I share these films?)
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Hi Murray, could you check how big the files are? You can email them too me if they are not too large, otherwise I'll set up another transfer method. I can then upload them so they can be shared.
Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

OK Jelle I think I may have found them on you tube.

guess I havent done this link thing right!
Last edited by Murray Keene on Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

You were pretty close, I fixed it for you by removing the 'code' tags and also removing the 's' from the 'https' at the beginning.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

ahh thank you
=D>

Heres the other 2

I like in the second one the stewardess saying " you may now smoke if you wish!" There used to be ash trays in the RAF ones too and you could smoke!