Flight Sim VC10's

Room for non-VC10 related issues, anything fits in here actually.
Murray Keene

Flight Sim VC10's

Post by Murray Keene »

Well the VC10 will forever be preserved in our hearts one she is gone from the real skies. I am in the process of creating different versions of the 10 for Mircosofts Flight Sim. There are no RAF versions out there so - I am making them. Possibly if time permits I will make a model of each and every RAF 10 that flew in service so you get a choice of fin number!

Right from the C MK1 up to the K4 will be represented. It takes about a week for each aircraft but they look good when you fly them. Also they will forever shine like a Royal! I however, making one of the tankers 'weathered' so she will be pretty grubby. The beaver tails always were filthy!. There will be a few 'fantasy' aircraft in Virgin, Laker and other colours!

I will make these available on the net when they are finished. Freeware! I dont want anything, just the joy of running my eye over her beautiful lines is enough! I work closely with Microsft in the computer world and will offer them some of these aircraft to include as defaults on the NEW sim software when it is launched. It wil be a fitting tribute for future generations IF they accept.

One final note: If anyone can put a color sample of the HEMP and the grey on here just as a BMP I would be grateful. Having problems with colour matching.
LSS

Post by LSS »

Murray
The trouble with the colours is that there actuall various shades that have been used over the years by both the RAF painters and the contract painters. Although I could get you samples of current batches byt the time they are scanned or photographed you will have introduced more colour errors.
My only suggestion is look at the photos on here or on my site http://www.mackrick.co.uk (VC10 Links on the right under catagories) and pick a mid range colour from them.
Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

Hmm thats an idea I'll go with that.
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

There are beautiful freeware models made by Dave Maltby available here:

http://www.dmflightsim.co.uk/

The C1K is very nice, with a very good cockpit by Dave Booker.... and the ac handles exceptionally well...

Tonks :D
Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

Mine are better :wink: its a shame that most of the models you see are missing pitot heads, static ports and details its a wonder they even fly! They will be VERY detailed - well they WERE going to be I wont bother as there are already such good ones out there.

I never saw Daves models oh well crappo, I'll chuck my work in the shredder then :cry:

very nice aircraft Dave. Ummm anyone interested in a RAF whistling tit or a Belfast then :oops:.... Andover mebbe? Or maybe I'll just go sit over here for a while and read my back issues of air clues.
LSS

Post by LSS »

Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

[packs bag, throws PC in skip - heads west] :cry:
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

Sorry Murray

Dave M and Dave B came on a visit to Brize last year to have a go in the VC10 sim. I took them on a tanking trip first and then had them fly the sim having given them a couple of weeks to learn the Brize procedures on their own model...

In return they produced a "photo real" C1K and a C1K cockpit and I wrote an article in PC Pilot.

Why not visit us here: Classic British Flight Sim

You will find some fab ac from Chipmunks to Argosy's, Gnats to VC10s.... and they are all free!!

Tonks 8)
Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

cheers Tonks.........ahh the good old whistling tit Argosy now that brings back memories of 115 sqn when they were at Brize. Lovely old musty smell they had with the leather seats and edging on the combing! Lovely to fly in slow but sure, went up on some ILS calibrations a few times, marvellous.
vololiberista

Re: Flight Sim VC10's

Post by vololiberista »

First please can someone delete the spam "currently" above this message.
I use D M's models in MS Flight Sim. They are quite good but lacking in numerous important bells and whistles. I have modified his cockpit panels for personal use to more closely fit the VC10 flight manuel. What I would like, but cannot find on the net are some detailed close up pics of the engineers panel, work station and desk and the overhead panel. My latest add-on last night was to create warning lights for tail trim overrun.

Really, today's modern pilots have it so easy. Everything is done for them by the on board computers. Whereas on the VC10 a significant amount of computing is done between the ears!
vololiberista

The Spam has been removed, apologies for the inconvenience! - JH
DangerMouse

Post by DangerMouse »

vololiberista wrote:First please can someone delete the spam "currently" above this message.
I use D M's models in MS Flight Sim. They are quite good but lacking in numerous important bells and whistles. I have modified his cockpit panels for personal use to more closely fit the VC10 flight manuel. What I would like, but cannot find on the net are some detailed close up pics of the engineers panel, work station and desk and the overhead panel. My latest add-on last night was to create warning lights for tail trim overrun.

Really, today's modern pilots have it so easy. Everything is done for them by the on board computers. Whereas on the VC10 a significant amount of computing is done between the ears!
vololiberista

I'll see what I can do with the pictures...
vololiberista

Post by vololiberista »

DangerMouse wrote:
vololiberista wrote:First please can someone delete the spam "currently" above this message.

vololiberista

I'll see what I can do with the pictures...
Many thanks DM.
I've done another cockpit panel mod which includes a full on cabin pressurisation and oxygen delivery system plus hypoxia blackout risk though not (as yet) using the actual VC10's panels. I would very much appreciate some detailed pics if possible.
vololiberista