REUNION - BOOK NOW

Bill Ward

REUNION - BOOK NOW

Post by Bill Ward »

The proposal is to have a Bar & Buffet Social evening for Ground Engineers, their partners and guests in September 2010 (only 11 months away). However, before booking the venue we need to know the number of people who will be attending the evening to ensure it is viable before paying the hire deposit.

So, based on the proposal below I need confirmation from those of you who will be attending before we proceed further with the arrangements. See item 8 below.

Once we have received your feedback in support of going ahead with the arrangements we will make the booking and ask you to forward a cheque to Shag in payment.

Anyone requiring B&B should make their own arrangements/reservation with the hotel reception.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to email and I'll endeavour to give you an answer.
So here is the 1st, and hopefully, only DRAFT(please excuse the formality):

VC10 GE AGE ASSOCIATION BAR & BUFFET SOCIAL EVENING

Item:

1. Venue: Sherbourne Suite, Four Pillars Hotel, Witney. (http://www.four-pillars.co.uk/Witney/home.html)

2. Date: 11 September 2010

3. Time: 7 for 8pm (Buffet served)

4. Dress: Casual

5. Menu: Self Service Hot and Cold Buffet.

6. Tickets: £40 per person (payable by cheque to Gary Frazer, see Item 8).

7. Room rate: £75 (double occupancy bed and breakfast). A £25 deposit will be required when making your reservation with the hotel (it is advisable to book immediately to be sure of a room).

8. RSVP soonest (16 October latest). Please state:

1. Names of you and your guest/s.
2. B&B (yes/no)
3. Any specific dietary requirements (eg veg/vegan/food allergy etc).
4. Payment of £40 per person will be requested immediately the evening is confirmed and the hire cost of the venue has been paid.

Shag is kindly funding the hire cost of £500, which together with the cost of the buffet, will incur a non-refundable charge of £40 per person.

Please confirm your place/s by email to Bill Ward.

Kindest regards

Bill Ward and Shag Frazer
Last edited by Bill Ward on Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Ward
Skipper & Chief Engineer
Narrowboat 'wilvir'
Bill Ward

Re: REUNION - BOOK NOW (update)

Post by Bill Ward »

VC10 AGE Association Re-Union Update

Please note the cover charge is now set at £40 per person to reflect the additional cost of hiring a disco and adding a dessert course to the Buffet.

Those who require a room for the night must contact the hotel directly and make a reservation as soon as possible to be sure of a booking. Unfortunately we cannot do it on your behalf.

http://www.four-pillars.co.uk/Witney/home.html

Kindest regards

Bill
Bill Ward
Skipper & Chief Engineer
Narrowboat 'wilvir'
Bill Ward

Guest List To Date

Post by Bill Ward »

Many thanks to the following for their support so far. Laurie and Bob have already made a hotel reservation, so for those of you intending to do the same I suggest you follow suit so as not to be disappointed at a later date.

Mark & Maggie Jones
Alan & Olive Cresswell
Stu & Kathy MacTavish (Cyprus)
Martin Austin
Rowan Mulliss
Ken & Margaret Bannister
Dave & Margaret Stirling
John Stift (USA)
Laurie & Rosie Gutsell
Bob & Helen Gould
Roy & Taylor Pontin (USA)
Al Bennett
Jamie & Tracy Campbell
Steve & Maggie Beresford
Geoff Tedd
Dave & Debbie Bray
Steve & Janet Wallace
Colin & Jen Bates
Rick Morris
Jerry Bartram
Dave & Alison Hind
John Kite & Laura Meston
Bob Gregson
Roger & Margaret Cowie (France)
Mike & Jan Brokenshire
Tony & Lesley Slater
Steve Chesher
Geoff & Jenny LeHuray

Keep the emails coming. It's great to hear from old friends and colleagues again. We earned a unique responsibility, which gave us opportunities, experiences and memories few have shared that continue to enrich our lives for the lessons learnt. Just remembering a run into the 'Chequer Board' and hanging a right, the sunsets, people met, friends made, an uplock very reluctant to let go of its main gear on an approach into Nairobi, 'M' Street, Ganda Xmas salmon, duty free 'Banner' runs, etc, etc; memories that, for me, evoke emotions that really influence my place in the world even today. Great days.

Now wipe the nostalgic tears from your eyes and get in touch.

Kindest regards

Bill
Last edited by Bill Ward on Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:25 am, edited 10 times in total.
Bill Ward
Skipper & Chief Engineer
Narrowboat 'wilvir'
Globetrotter

Re: Guest List To Date

Post by Globetrotter »

Bill Ward wrote:Now wipe the nostalgic tears from your eyes and get in touch.Bill
I still remember the story which will bring tears to your eyes (again) when your 'family jewels' came into contact with the oil cooler of a 'Godfrey Compressor'!!!

Good times!!!

See you next year,

Regards

JC
Bill Ward

Re: REUNION - BOOK NOW

Post by Bill Ward »

Hi Jamie,

Really good to hear from you and how could I forget, Dakar-Brize-Wroughton-Brize-Dakar. I remember it and the severity of the bruising very well.

MSS, Op Granby, Dakar. Great days, good trips. I remember running a C130 on my own, at night, with #3 at 'low speed ground idle', chasing a hydraulic leak behind the prop wash while balancing on a safety raiser. That wouldn't go down to well today!

pm me your email address.

Kindest regards

Bill
Bill Ward
Skipper & Chief Engineer
Narrowboat 'wilvir'
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Bill,

I think I still have photo's of that event!

Steve Wallace
jbartram

Post by jbartram »

Bill,

Not that we've met but certain that can ammended - Jerry Bartram here

Looking FWD to the evening immensely - see lots of names already replied, can a room be arranged for me at the venue plse? I will be solo.

Just advise and the money will be available - will need transfer details.

Thanks for this opertunity - missed the last one.

Kind Regards,
Jerry
mickabc155

Post by mickabc155 »

To all of those who have so far replied...

It is encouraging to hear from so many people….

We are trying to make this function a night to remember (without it resembling a typical Sgt’s Mess Ball!!). So please keep spreading the word, and hope to have at least 100 people at the function. Well that’s the plan!!

Mick Singh,
Current serving AGE
Mick Singh