Flickr Help

Room for non-VC10 related issues, anything fits in here actually.
Magnum

Flickr Help

Post by Magnum »

Following my recent foray into the world of DSLR photography, and being advised of the error of my ways by using Photobucket until now, I have joined the world of Flickr.

I am in need of help though. I don't seem to be able to find IMG codes etc to share my photos on here though. I know it will be a simple solution, but could do with some assistance to point me in the right direction.
Tonkenna

Re: Flickr Help

Post by Tonkenna »

Hello Magnum...

It is not as easy to use as it used to be that's for sure, but...

Open the pic you want to post

Underneath you will see a Balck Bar and on the right hand side you will see a symbol that looks like a small box with an arrow coming out of the top to the right... click that.

You will see several options, one of which is Grab HTML code and a box with a whole load of stuff... select all of that. If you which you can change the size of the pic you post by clicking the options below that box first...

Then post in the forum:
VC10 and Jaguar AAR by ZZ330, on Flickr

Here is a screen shot of the above in Flickr... as you can see I have selected 640 as the size first and then I just highlight and copy the code. The code gives you a picture, a link to the picture and a link to your overall account when you post in the forum (as you can see above this).

As you may notice, I use both photobucket and Flickr... photobucket for less important stuff (like the badges I post or a screen shot) and stick to Flickr for the stuff I want at better quality... thus I don't stick everything into Flickr , filling it with rubbish (well, I hope not LOL)

Hope that helps...

Tonks :)
Last edited by Tonkenna on Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

Hi Rich.

To get the code open the image and to the bottom of the image there is an icon that looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it. Click on that and just copy and paste the code that's shown.

Should make sense when you see it. If not I could call you to talk you through it.

Regards,

Mike
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

Thank you gentlemen!